Monday, April 15, 2013

Workin' 9-5...just kidding.

Because I'm absolutely NUTSO, I'm here updating my blog at 12:37 am.  Why am I up at this hour?  Well, I've sort of developed a night-owl routine.  Childless ladies and moms-to-be, you'll find you cherish these precious moments when that sweet little angel is in bed and you can finally have a minute or two to yourself.  You'll also find that using the bathroom alone is a grand luxury, as well as finishing an entire meal without stopping to pick up a sippy cup off the floor 863,372,994 times.  You'll forget what it's like to contemplate the grand questions of life in the shower because you're shaving your legs at a speed that makes you look like you just ran through a field of broken glass.  I'm sorry to burst your fantastic little pre-baby bubble, but it's just a fact of life.

Anyhoo, the whole reason I'm up tonight is because I've doing a little dabbling in marketing for a new fitness center.  I manage email communications, update the website, and promote the business through advertisements and social media.  I also do a little writing (glee!) for their weekly newsletter and will possibly be taking on some health and wellness blogging in the future.  It's really a great gig and I get to work from home.  I'm learning a lot about health and fitness, too!  Now if I could only get my rear in gear and actually attend the classes I write about!  Oy!

So yeah.  I have this vacation at Myrtle Beach coming up in about a month.  I've pretty much given up on my 30 Day Shred dvd.  I simply could not bear to stare into the cold, heartless eyes of Jillian Michaels one more day.  I did see a teeny bit of results, but just not enough to justify the former.  I really would like to start walking, but this asinine Tennessee weather can't make up its mind if it's going to be summer, spring, or winter.  I know, I know - excuses, excuses.  But I'm a working woman again!  I still have to keep house, tend to baby, and do my job.  I can't waste time all willy nilly on a walk if it's just going to rain on me.  Then again, that might give me motivation to start running!  Ha!

In case you haven't noticed, my baby is almost ONE. YEAR. OLD.  One year old.  Gah.  I just can't wrap my mind around it.  He's walking, too!  That started Easter weekend.  He really didn't try walking prior, at least not without a walker toy.  He just stood up one day and was like, "Yeah, I think today's as good a day as any to start walking.  Well, off we go!"  He's been walking ever since.  It's the most adorable thing, really.  He looks like an old geezer.  He holds his arms up at his chest and takes high steps like he has a wedgie.  Here he is "walking" Sammy. Totally precious.


And yes, I know it's been a while since I last updated you on Corbin.  To make up for it, I'll make another post with a photo montage of the last however-long-it's-been collection of cell phone pictures!  Cheers!

P.S. My birthday was the day before yesterday (4/13).  I turned 26.  Adult birthdays are non-monumental, especially when you have a kid.  Especially when his birthday is the week after yours.  Another fact of life.

Birthday girl

Her date

Her BFF

Her dinner

Her coolness

Her true self

No comments:

Post a Comment