Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Life in Real-Time



I need to vent.  It's been one of those days weeks when you just feel like your head is going to blow of your shoulders because you can't handle.  You just can't.

First of all, I'm still recuperating from Corbin's birthday.  Shake your judgmental heads all you want - party planning and executing is stressful!  Plus, our checkbook is still hurtin' from it all, so we'll be eating oatmeal and spaghetti for dinner for a while.  That's life.

So that brings me to my next woe.  We got this new health insurance through Josh's work, right?  Sure.  So we needed to go get wellness physicals to prove we aren't dying or something (because looking down your throat and in your ears predicts that, eh?).  I get there and they start talking about blood work, to which I'm like, OH GREAT.  Needles. Bad.  Blood. Bad.  And after the needle/blood incident with Corbin two days ago for HIS wellness check (hello, Corbin is a bleeder and I should not have worn white that day), I was just SO excited [insert sarcasm].  But regardless, I let them stick my arm, and I said "ouch" and stared out the window while I tried to find my happy place.

Then today they called us with the results.  Evidently, nobody told me I needed to fast prior to the blood work because nobody told me I was getting blood work to start with.  Therefore, my vitals came back showing I had elevated bad cholesterol (212) which is unusual for me.  But I had really good triglycerides! And my blood pressure was low (typical) and my blood sugar was normal (typical).  Oh, and apparently I've lost a whole whopping 10 pounds in one year.  Whoop-de-do.

Then there's Josh. *sigh*

High blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, low triglycerides. UGH.  What am I going to do to make this boy stop eating gas station muffins on his way to work!?!  I gotta give him credit for trying to eat better (less?) lately...but something else has gotta give.  Corbin and I need him around for a long, long time! I wish we could afford a gym membership but...

One. income. family.

I think I need to learn extreme couponing.  Or sell plasma.  Or something.  Because, while I love staying home with Corbin and I absolutely feel like it's the right decision, cutting your spending in half because you dropped to one income STINKS. And that's all I got to say about that.

Look at that pitiful face :(

Getting some love from Grammy


Then add to all that, Corbin has been sick, teething, and feverish (shots?) all week so it's been "fuss-whine-snot-fuss-cry-snot-whine-snot-cry-fuss-snot" all the day long.  Oh, and let's not forget it daggum TURNED WINTER AGAIN!?  What is up with that, April?  I mean really.  First you tease my kid with sunshine and dandelions then BAM it's 40 degrees and I'm covering my petunias and geraniums.  So, we've been stuck in the house and I'm just tired of sweeping and vacuuming and dishwasher-unloading and bed-making and all that jazz because there's nothing else to do while I'm procrastinating.  Except blog.  Notice the surge in blogging lately?  Yeah...

Precious bebe

I'll  miss this one day.  Ok, I already miss it.

So that's pretty much it.  Stressin' about health, money, life... the usual.   It's hard to not just implode and go hiding in the corner, whilst rocking in the fetal position.  But then I pull myself together and go searching for what God has to say when life gets too hard:

Isaiah 41:10
'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

Philippians 4:19
And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-8
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light."

and my favorite...

Jeremiah 17:7-8
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. "For he will be like a tree planted by the water, That extends its roots by a stream And will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, And it will not be anxious in a year of drought Nor cease to yield fruit.



There.  I feel a little better.  I'd feel a lot better after a nap...




No comments:

Post a Comment