Thursday, April 25, 2013

Corbin turns one year!

I am now the mama of a TODDLER.  Somebody hold me, please.

Has his teddy bear and is ready for his check-up!

Waiting the ridiculously long wait.  Sheesh.

Seriously, what's the point in the paper?

"Parents, please do not let children play with instruments."

Really?  So you put them WHERE?!

I own this room.


Yes, Corbin is now 1 year old.  His birthday and party were last Saturday.  I did my very best to not overwhelm myself and get so caught up in hosting that I couldn't enjoy myself.  I'd say it was better than my wedding reception, but still not as "enjoyable" for me as I wish it had been.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Next year, rent the facility for longer than actually intended so we aren't shoving people out the door as they're shoving cake in their mouths.  Just sayin'.  Sorry y'all.

Anyway, I wanted to give a quick little update on my 12 month old (there, doesn't that sound better than 1 year old?).

At 12 months/1 year, Corbin...

  • weighs 20.6 lbs.
  • is 29 inches long
  • is a peanut
  • can fully walk
  • points at everything
  • follows simple commands, such as "go get _____."
  • takes a sippy cup 2x a day
  • takes a bottle for naps and bedtime
  • drinks 15-20 oz of formula a day
  • hates whole milk
  • is tolerating sweet acidophilus milk
  • sleeps 10-12 hours solid at night
  • takes one 2-4 hour nap in the afternoon
  • has 5 teeth
  • likes to hold your hand and walk with you around the house
  • wears 6-12 month clothing
  • wears size 3 diapers
  • wears size 3-4 shoes
  • can drink from a straw
  • is starting to feed himself with a baby fork
  • loves scrambled eggs the most
  • loves brooms
  • loves, loves, LOVES playing in water
  • HATES swinging and being forced to sit in hard plastic seats
  • says "mama," "bye-bye," "hey," and "duck"
  • can wave bye-bye
  • knows to hold the phone to his ear to "talk"
  • mimics everything I do
  • throws temper tantrums when you shut a door he wanted to go through
  • waves his hands around in the air when you tell him something is "shooey" or "stinky" or "yucky"
  • likes to water the flowers with his little watering can
  • likes to kill the flowers with his little shovel
  • uses his crib mattress as a trampoline
  • loves Veggies Tales and Blue's Clues
  • "whispers" to himself while he plays
  • is loving, cuddly, and affectionate
  • is the apple of my eye
  • is mine.
  • all mine.
  • forever.
  • sorry, ladies.
  • is very, very loved.

If you want to see more pictures from his party, check out my FB page or the previous post which links you to the birthday photo book I made on Shutterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment