Monday, September 24, 2012

I wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy

So, allow me to tell you about my FABulous, wild weekend. Giiiirl, it was full of shopping, clubbin', fine dining, and partying. Ke$ha would be proud.

First, the shopping. That included a trip to Wal-Mart for cleaning products and toilet paper, a trip to PetSmart for fish tank filters, and a trip to Babies R Us (the happiest place on Earth) for baby spoons, bowls, and a Sophie the Giraffe. Yes, I caved on the Sophie thing. But Corbin wanted one. Really.

Let me tell you, for those who don't know what Sophie is, about this toy. Basically, it is a natural rubber squeaky toy in the shape of a giraffe. Supposedly it was invented in the 1960's in France and it is the rage all over Europe. Which makes it "cool." And if you don't own one, you most certainly get left out of the I-paid-$20-for-a-dog-toy-but-I'm-better-than-you-because-my-baby-is-happy-and-yours-is-crying club. But the real appeal is the long spindly legs, neck, nose, and ears are great for baby to chew on. And after buying every other teether known to Wal-Mart, I decided to give it a try. Worst case scenario, Sammy got an early Christmas present.

Bottom line: he really likes it. And that justifies my purchase.

Next, the clubbin'. Well, not really. But we did visit another church this Sunday. I kept hearing about this new church in town that everyone loved. I call it a "club" because everywhere I went in town, I saw people wearing bright orange t-shirts with the church name on them, and yet again, I felt very left out of the club.
So, we visited. And it was...different. Not bad different, just...different. The music was loud. Real loud. Like, I had to practically shout in Josh's ear to ask for the Sophie out of the diaper bag, and I wasn't even afraid anyone would hear the squeaking, loud. Surprisingly, Corbin slept through the whole thing. Which is hilarious since I can think too loud and he wakes up at home. Hmmmm...

The preaching/teaching was great. It was about finding your passion for God and not getting stuck in the mundane ins and outs of our daily routine. He talked about finding your purpose and feeding your spirit with Godly things. Very good message. It was refreshing.

Then we ate barbeque at the in-laws. That was the fine dining. No really, it was delish.

Then we headed out to party it up for the night...at our best friends' 6-year-old's birthday. It was fab. Captain America was the theme. The kids shot each other with Nerf guns. Then we told the dads to give them back to the 6-year-olds. Since bananas went so well, I decided to let Corbin eat cake, ice cream, and pizza. He loved it.

Not.

Now it's Monday again. I used to hate them, but now I look forward to the quiet routine and order. I'm too old for these wild weekends.

Someone pass the Bengay and prunes.

Exhausted

4 comments:

  1. Aww what a sweetie! I'm currently toying with the idea of buying a Sophie! Just out of interest, how old is Corbin and what is his weight and length now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corbin turned 5 months on the 20th...so I think that makes him 5 months 1 week. I'm just guesstimating here, but I'd say he is 15-16 lbs. He was 24.75" at 4 months (shrimp) but I have no clue what that makes him now!

      Sophie is fabulous.

      Delete
  2. Oh right, was just wondering as he looks quite slim like my little girl. Every other baby I see seems to look chubbier than her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is finally filling out some. He was painfully skinny as a newborn. He has some chunkilicious thighs like his mama. Lol

      Delete